Some foods are better sources of protein for dieting than others
Know the Six Sources Of Protein For Dieting. Protein is one of the three most important nutrients essential in a balanced diet. It serves an important function in our body and keeps our body functioning properly that helps promote a healthy immune system and maintain healthy skin, hair and nails.
Protein is not just limited to meat source. It is a macronutrient that even vegetarians take in a daily basis. Here are the ideal, best of six protein sources for dieting:
1. Tuna – a favorite protein source when dieting, working out and even to bodybuilders and athletes. It is reasonably priced, portable, comes in convenient sizes, low in fat and best of all a great source of omega-3 essential fats.
2. Lentils – the best protein source for vegetarians. This is a great source of protein with nutty flavor. It makes you feel full for longer hours.
3. Turkey – the meat has more protein than other red meat option. Best cut is the breast part or turkey deli. Chicken is also another great choice.
4. Quinoa – a type of grain more expensive than rice or pasta. One of the best source of complete protein especially for vegan. It is also a source of dietary fiber, phosphorus and magnesium.
5. Steak – you can never go wrong with a great steak. Grass-fed beef is cleaner, healthier, more flavorful, not to mention rich in nutrients. This is available online or in a supermarket near you. Don’t forget to cut off the extra fat.
6. Salmon – this fish is low in saturated fat. The oil in salmon has omega-3 fatty acids that lower triglycerides, blood pressure and especially heart disease common to people with unhealthy lifestyle.
The list goes on. Have a complete and balance diet by including good sources of protein. What’s your favorite protein source?
Tags: 3 Fatty Acids, Balance Diet, Balanced Diet, Best Protein, Best Sources Of Protein, Daily Basis, Essential Fats, Good Sources Of Protein, Grass Fed Beef, Great Source, Healthy Immune System, Healthy Skin, Lentils, Macronutrient, Nutty Flavor, Omega 3 Fatty Acids, Protein Source, Protein Sources, Red Meat, Sources Of Protein, Unhealthy Lifestyle, Vegetarians